Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, a professional athlete, or a beginner, chances are you’ve heard about whey protein powders and maybe you even tried some.
One such product is Combat Protein Powder by Muscle Pharm, a blend of various types of proteins including isolate whey, casein, egg, BCAAs, and glutamine.
This blend is designed to maximize muscle growth and repair, helping you gain more strength and lean muscle mass quicker.
Like with any whey protein product, Combat Protein Powder has its pros and cons.
In this Combat Protein Powder review, we will discuss this product in detail, from ingredients, benefits, side effects, and more, so keep reading to find out more.
What is the MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder
It is a supplement that helps increase the amount of protein you consume daily.
You can take it as a snack, but also as a meal replacement as it delivers fat, proteins, and carbs and has a total of 130 kcal per serving.
It comes in different flavors, including chocolate milk, cookies and cream, vanilla, peanut butter, and more. All you need to do is add cold water, and it is ready to drink,
Special Features/ Claims
MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder puts a lot of emphasis on the combination of ingredients it has.
However, this blend is not unique and can be found in several other products.
Another claim is that it provides nutrients to the body continuously for 8-hours. A benefit that you won’t see many protein powders claim is that of improving digestion.
Consuming regularly before meals should decrease hunger between meals, but, the official website explains this depends on the time of day when you consume the supplement.
Finally, Combat Protein Powder claims to aid in fat loss.
This is usually an effect many protein powders will have, even only by increasing strength and helping you get better workouts, but also by boosting the amount of protein in your diet.
Ingredients of the Combat Protein Powder
The main ingredients include:
- Isolate whey protein concentrate and hydrolysate. Whey protein is probably the best-known protein powder and it is also the most complete. Many brands avoid including the concentrate in the blend, as claims are suggesting it doesn’t deliver the best results. However, in this combination, it doesn’t take away from the benefits of whey protein in general.
- Micellar casein is a type of protein found in cow’s milk, is very quickly absorbed by the body, and it gives a boost of energy.
- Egg albumin is useful in the post-workout recovery as it helps your muscles relax and repair.
- A blend of digestive enzymes to help your body digest food and lactose specifically quicker and easier.
- BCAAs, essential for muscle growth and recovery.
- Sucralose and acesulfame potassium are two artificial sweeteners commonly used in protein powders. They are both calorie-free and do not harm your blood sugar.
You’ll be getting 24 grams of protein per serving, which is around the average for other similar products. It also contains 1.5 grams of fat, and 5 grams of carbs, 2 of which are sugar.
Pros and Cons
- high-quality ingredients;
- good taste
- promotes quick muscle repair post-workout;
- boosts energy without causing trouble with sleep;
- promotes relaxation after an intense workout;
- helps with weight loss when used in conjunction with a healthy diet;
- might improve digestion;
- can be used both as a pre-workout supplement, but also as a healthy, high whey protein snack during the day.
- high in sodium;
- contains artificial sweeteners, which may be fairly common in similar products, but are not well-tolerated or appreciated by everyone;
- high in cholesterol;
- it contains many ingredients with allergenic potential, so if you know you have the slightest intolerance to any of the ingredients, it is safer to stay away from this supplement or talk to a doctor before taking it;
- reviews suggest many potential side effects such as:
- loss of appetite;
Who Is It Best For?
The MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder is generally marketed towards athletes and sportsmen, so if this is you, it could be beneficial and help you reach your goals.
If you’re simply a fitness enthusiast trying to lift a bit heavier, lose fat, and gain some lean muscle, you can still benefit from it.
It is not for you if you’re not active or do little physical activity and just want to improve your diet by adding a protein supplement or replacing a meal.
Combat is a product designed for those who have very active lifestyles and who workout, so if that doesn’t sound like you, try finding something else.
What Do People Say About It?
With a 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, it’s safe to say that the MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder is a very appreciated product. 76% of customers give it 5 stars and only 4% rate it 1 star.
For instance, one Amazon review praises Combat because it tastes great in comparison to many other similar products.
Most of the positive reviews talk about its great taste, how well and easily it blends, but also its energizing effects.
Taste is the center of the positive reviews on YouTube as well, as one person claims it is the best tasting protein he’s ever tried.
Another Youtube review does love the cream flavor, though he feels the consistency isn’t always what you’d expect. He also warns against the many artificial ingredients this product contains.
On the negative side, most people on Amazon complain about the digestive issues they have.
Many of them report they used other whey protein supplements and did not have any issues, yet they couldn’t digest the MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder.
Another customer complains about the use of acesulfame potassium because many people claim it is a carcinogen.
The MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder is a good supplement if you’re someone active, looking for a boost of energy, along with help building strength and lean muscle mess.
On the negative side, it contains many artificial ingredients and some, such as soy, which may cause allergic reactions.
Overall it is a good product, though it doesn’t necessarily stand out among other similar ones.
If you found this review helpful, make sure to check out our other protein powder reviews or find out more about various supplements and products to improve your home gym.