In the United States, more than 40% of adults struggle with obesity and, as a result, obesity-related conditions like stroke, Type 2 Diabetes, and heart disease.
Unfortunately, when you’re trying to lose weight and dealing with other health issues like Diabetes and obesity, it can be frustrating and feel impossible to reach your goal. (1)
Luckily, some products currently available can help fuel your weight loss without introducing loads of toxic fillers into your system.
Before you go off trying a hundred different weight-loss supplements, though, allow me to introduce you to an all-natural, vegetarian-friendly option that could help you, Active-PK from LCR Health.
If you’re interested in finding out more, then continue reading for our full, in-depth Active PK Review.
TLDR: Active PK Review
The Active PK, sometimes listed online as Active PK, is an AMPK activator explicitly formulated to simultaneously fight abdominal fat and fatigue.
By utilizing natural compounds like Berberis Aristata Root and Gynostemma Pentaphyllum leaf extract, Active PK engages your body’s biological processes to promote AMPK activation. (2)
AMPK, or Adenosine 5′-monophosphate-activated protein kinase, is a cellular energy sensor that is vital for various functions. For example,
AMPK plays a role in creating raw energy (ATP, or Adenosine Triphosphate) from nutrients. AMPK also has a hand in deciding how that energy gets delegated throughout your body for use. (3)
Pros and Cons
- Pro: Boosts clear thinking and promotes energy, naturally
- Pro: Minimizes cravings and fights off abdominal fat
- Pro: Contains zero dairy, zero caffeine, and zero synthetic additives
- Pro: Free shipping available when you purchase through Amazon or the official website
- Con: Like most supplements, Active PK has not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Con: Depending on where you purchase, the price may vary, and it can be relatively expensive compared to similar weight loss supplements available
- Con: Primarily available in the US, so it may be challenging to find for purchase outside of the States
Is It Worth It?
If you’re trying to lose weight around your midsection or boost your energy levels, then Active-PK is worth trying as a part of your health routine. If you need a bit more information before making your decision, continue reading below for a more thorough overview of Active PK to find out more.
In-Depth Review of Active PK
Benefits of Active PK
Active PK boosts your body’s ability to activate AMPK enzymes in your system, naturally. This process of activating AMPK enzymes results in multiple benefits, such as:
- Anti-Diabetic Agent – lessens and can potentially reverse the symptoms and processes associated with Diabetes by regulating gluconeogenesis (your body’s process of creating glucose from fat and proteins in the liver) and promoting glucose uptake
- Decreases Incidence of Cardiovascular Disease – one of the most common complications as a result of Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease increases your risk of myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Regulates Metabolism – once activated, AMPK further activates ATP-producing catabolic pathways that, in turn, help to regular protein and lipid metabolism
- 1 Serving per day with 8 oz of water, two capsules per serving
- Can be taken with or without food
- 450 mg of Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract
- 100 mg of Berberine HCl
- 100 mg of Quercetin Dihydrate
- 60 capsules per bottle, enough for 30 days
All of LCR Health’s products are manufactured according to the supplement industry’s highest standards, and all products undergo intense third-party testing for 100% pure ingredients, free from heavy metals and biological contaminants.
- Available for order in sets of 1, 3, or 6 when you shop through the official website
- Vegetarian safe capsules and formula
- Endorsed on U.S. News, MSN, LiveStrong.com, and Travel + Leisure
LCR Health also offers a 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee on all of their products, regardless of the quantity ordered. If you’re unhappy with the product, for any reason at all, contact customer support, and a staff member at LCR Health will assist you in returning your purchase for a refund. (2)
Who Is It Best For?
The Active-PK can be used by anyone, as long as you’re over 18. In particular, though, older people experiencing menopause are excellent candidates for Active-PK.
This is because the natural processes that activate APK in your body tend to slow down as you age. Remember, though: you should always speak with your doctor about trying a new supplement before purchasing to be safe. (2)
What Do People Say About It?
Content creator Heidi offers a quick 1-minute video review on her YouTube channel Seven Seven discussing her experience using Active PK from LCR Health.
“I’ve been trying to work out. Doing pilates, doing everything to, you know, try to lose some weight… So, I’m so excited about this stuff because it’s awesome! It gives you more energy, and it also will burn your belly fat.” She then talks about how much she enjoys how easy it is to use Active PK, “You basically can just eat your regular diet… but still, you know, lose weight.”
While the next video we’ll be going over isn’t exactly a review of Active PK as a product, it does provide an answer to why AMPK is so essential. It also provides a helpful overview of all three of the main Active PK ingredients: Berberine HCl, Quercetin Dihydrate, and Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract.
The doctor who runs the channel, Dr. David Jones L Ac, MSPH, DACM, explains, “AMPK plays a major role in cellular homeostasis… [and] as we grow older, our levels of this enzyme [AMPK] significantly decrease.” He continues, “There’s evidence that certain botanical extracts can boost AMPK activity… berberine which is found in several Chinese herbs, as well as some Western herbs. The second is quercetin, which is best known for being a natural antihistamine. The third is Gynostemma.”
Next, we take our search to Amazon to see what shoppers had to say about their experiences with LCR Health’s Active PK. Ladychrys, a verified purchaser on Amazon, explains why she sought out a weight supplement to being with, saying,
“ I am starting to hit menopause, and I am beginning to understand what all the belly fat accumulation was all about.” She goes on to talk about how taking Active PK has affected her, “ I was looking for internal weight loss. This really helped my body feel like it was functioning better.” (9)
Another Amazon reviewer, Jacob, provides a longer-term perspective with his comments. He says, “I have now completed a full month of taking this product… I do feel better with more energy and as crazy as this sounds I feel slimmer.” Clearly satisfied with his purchase, he continues, “ I’ve noticed my beer belly has shrunk… this product has helped in me losing 20 lbs in one month. I’ve already ordered another month.” (10)
The Verdict: Is It Worth It?
From the basics to the nitty-gritty specifics, we’ve gone over everything there is to know about LCR Health’s Active-PK supplement. Previously, we stated (albeit briefly) that Active PK is worth trying, at least once, if you’re working toward a fitness goal of losing weight.
Now, let’s take the time to consider the why. Aside from being all-natural and free of fillers, Active-PK from LCR Health is safe for vegetarian diets. Additionally, Active PK is one of few dietary supplements on the market that stimulates AMPK in your system, allowing your body to perform the processes necessary for safe and effective weight loss that lasts.
If you like this article, you may also be interested in our article on the Best Exercise Bike to Lose Weight or this article about What’s Wrong With Fat Shaming. And, don’t forget to check out https://dumbbellsreview.com for more blog posts, reviews, and more to keep you updated on everything health and fitness.