You’re strength training like a fiend, eating virtually everything in sight, and still, you just can’t seem to tack on more mass or weight.
It’s a beyond frustrating situation to be in, but it’s an all too common occurrence for athletes of all genders and ages. Fortunately, there is a solution: mass gainers.
Mass gainers are dietary supplements, often in the form of shakes or drink mixes, that you integrate into your daily regimen.
Loaded with extra carbs, calories, and protein, mass gainers are a convenient and quick way to help you pack on the muscle mass you’ve been yearning for. (1, 2)
One of the most popular mass gainers you’ll come across at your local vitamin store or pharmacy is Re-Built Mass XP from Beyond Raw (a GNC brand).
Are you interested in finding out whether Re-Built Mass XP could benefit you and your workout routine?
Then, please continue reading below for our full, in-depth Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass Review.
TLDR: Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP Review
Price: $64.99 – $105.01
The Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP dietary supplement from GNC is specifically formulated to fuel high-intensity exercise and boost your gains.
Hyper-anabolic, high-calorie, and high-protein, this mass gainer is designed for maximum performance.
Using a blend of creatine precursors and two different varieties of creatine, Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP sends your body’s natural creatine synthesis into hyperdrive so you can build mass fast and make sure it lasts.
Pros and Cons
- Pro: Comes in your flavor choice of chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, cookies, and cream, or strawberry
- Pro: Packaged with enough mix for 11 servings in total
- Pro: Easy to make. Just add cold water, mix well, and you’re ready to go
- Pro: Uses advanced creatine complex and high-leucine protein blend
- Con: It can be difficult to find product availability online due to increased demand during the pandemic
- Con: Relatively expensive compared to similar alternatives currently on the market
- Con: Some users report experiencing odorous and excessive gas as a side effect
Is It Worth It?
If you can find Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP in the lower end of the price range, then it’s definitely worth trying.
However, if the only availability you can find is in the upper price range ($100 or more, for example), then we recommend waiting for a price drop before you try it for your first time.
In-Depth Review of the Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP
We’ve gone over all of the basic need to know stats on GNC’s Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP. However, if you’re looking for even more information, like nutrition facts, dietary warnings, the many benefits of taking Re-Built Mass XP by Beyond Raw, and more, then continue reading for our full deep dive below.
Benefits of the Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP
As with most mass gainers, there are several benefits that you can expect to experience when using Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP. Here are some of the most common benefits you may encounter:
- High Caloric Intake – Because Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP is loaded with more than 850 calories per serving, the equivalent of one large meal, you’re practically guaranteed to gain weight while using it.
- Hyper-Anabolic Complex – Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP combines a digestive enzyme blend, 16.1g of BCAA, Calcium HMB, and Beta power Betaine Anhydrous that kick starts your body’s anabolic processes (these are the body responses that are responsible for increasing your muscle mass and strengthening your bones)
- Scientifically Proven To Work – In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study that lasted 8 weeks and included 33 healthy men, it was found that “Subjects consuming the leucine-whey protein supplement [Beyond Raw Re-Build Mass XP’s main ingredient] experienced greater increases in muscle strength than those on the placebo. Leucine-whey protein supplementation also increased muscle cross-sectional area from baseline.”
- 60g of Protein per serving
- 140g of Carbohydrates per serving
- 880 Calories per serving
- 9g of Advanced Creatine Complex per serving
- 4g of Total Sugars per serving
- 6.23 lbs of mix per container
Is It Safe & Effective?
Keep in mind that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t regulate vitamins or dietary supplements, including mass gainers. For this reason, it can be challenging to verify whether or not a product is adhering to the manufacturer’s claims.
Luckily, GNC’s Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP is popular enough on the market and has been on the market for long enough that we can use our own experience with the products, as well as the anecdotal evidence and feedback from users, to make a confident assessment of the quality and effectivity.
The lack of fillers, focus on macronutrients, and actually, the enjoyable taste makes Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP one of the most, if not the most, effective mass gainers available.
Additionally, GNC’s dedication to providing filler-free, no additive nutrients and dietary supplements mean that you can trust that you’re getting the highest quality ingredients in your mix.
- Available in-stores at GNC as well as online on Amazon, GNC, and Walmart
- Rated 5 out of 5 stars on Amazon
- Rated 4 out of 5 stars on GNC
- Gluten-free formula
- Contains milk and soy
- Zero fillers or additives
Currently, GNC does not offer a warranty on their line of Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP products. However, you may be able to find more information on your specific store’s return and refund policies upon purchase by inquiry.
Who Is It Best For?
GNC’s Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP is ideal for athletes and bodybuilders over 18 who seek to gain mass.
This product is most effective when taken in addition to a high-calorie, high-carb diet and when used with a regular, intensive workout schedule.
We do not recommend this product for anyone under the age of 18 or for anyone who does not currently have an active, intensive workout schedule.
What Do People Say About It?
It never hurts to get a second opinion, and luckily for you, we’ve already gone ahead and found some for you. Here’s what some users had to say about Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP in their reviews.
Like Lyman Lee, a user on YouTube, Fitness enthusiasts have taken to the platform to express their views on GNC’s Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP.
In his video review, Lyman Lee focuses primarily on the taste and texture, saying, “So, it does taste pretty good. I mean, all these supplements, sometimes it does have that tendency to be either kind of grind-y… but this product right here I just tried it, I got the Vanilla [flavored Raw Re-Built Mass XP]… It does taste pretty good. It’s not grind-y at all… This is a pretty good consistency.”
In his 6-minute video reviewing Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP, YouTube creator Exiverence thoroughly explains his experience with the product. In the video, he provides multiple anecdotes about how he felt while using the product and goes on to say that “The pros were: quick size, quick creatine gain, awesome recovery… the cons were: [it’s] expensive as hell.”
Thomas Eliasen, a customer on Amazon, provides his thoughts on Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP in his review, saying, “I am fairly new to taking supplements with my workouts… So far, I have gained about 3 lbs of muscle in 1.5 weeks so it seems to be working.” He rates the product at 4 out of 5 stars and also states his biggest con for the product, “The scoops are huge and there are 3 scoops in 1 serving… There 11 servings in 1 container. I can’t afford to be spending $60 every 11-13 days, so I think I may just have to try something cheaper.”
Another Amazon user, and verified purchaser, had this to say in their 5-star review of Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP, “I’m 23 years old, I’m 5’10”, and I went from 123lbs in March of 2019 to 142lbs in July of 2019, almost entirely thanks to ‘Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP’… I’ve tried to gain weight before; other shakes were either unbearably gross (texture or flavor) or they didn’t have the extra carbs and calories that I really needed… this stuff is worth every penny and I highly recommend it to anyone who would call themselves a ‘hard gainer’.”
The Verdict: Is It Worth It?
GNC’s Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP is one of the most popular mass gainers on the market, and now that you know everything there is to know about it and more, it’s time to come to a decision.
So, is Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP worth trying as a part of your workout and dietary routine?
We certainly think so. In addition to its proven 20/6.2 whey-leucine blend, advanced creatine complex, and complex carbohydrate blend, Beyond Raw Re-Built Mass XP from GNC is time and user-tested to work.
Although it may be a bit pricier than some of its competitors, you just can’t beat its unmatched results in gains across the board.
If you like this article, you may also be interested in our review here about The Cheapest Pre-Workout Supplements. For even more product reviews, fitness articles, and blog posts, visit Dumbbellsreview.com by clicking here.