The 5 Best Gym Bags With Shoe Compartments
Planning to go more regularly to your local gym? Pack up your essentials like lifting gloves, resistance bands, and trusty workout trainers in a good quality gym bag! With the styles and varieties, it comes in nowadays, choosing the right gym bag for you can sometimes be a sensory overload.
There’s just so much to choose from with seemingly infinite features and variations. How are you to know which ones are actually the best, and whether or not you’re getting a good deal?
Before buying, here’s a quick guide on what you need to look for when buying a gym bag:
- Size. You need one that’s the right size for you and fits all of your gear without being too big.
- Durability. You need one that is well built with high-quality materials that will last over time.
- Material. Comfort and style are also extremely important. If you’re looking to use your gym bag often, it needs to be easy to carry around. You should also feel comfortable and confident wearing it!
- Shoe Compartment. Having a separate shoe compartment means your shoes aren’t getting your clothes and the rest of your gym bag dirty and potentially smelly.
In this article, we will be discussing the best 5 gym bags with shoe compartments.
We’ll provide you with a comprehensive overview of each of the features, why they’re important, and whether they were executed well on each of the gym bags.
5 Best Gym Bags With Shoe Compartments
Coming in at 5th place we have the Aer Gym Duffel. This underrated gym bag is perfect for someone who wants a sleek and simple design.
- The style along with it’s special 15.6” laptop compartment makes this the perfect bag for someone who needs a smart gym bag to take to work before or after their training.
- The dimensions of the gym bag are 19”x13”x11” with a total volume of 37.4 L and a weight of 3.1 lbs.
- The bag has a padded adjustable shoulder strap as well as two grip handles for comfort while carrying it.
- The exterior is made of ballistic nylon and boasts very high-quality zippers and plastic hardware, making this a very durable gym bag.
- The two main compartments, one for gym clothes and equipment, the other for shoes, are both spacious and ventilated ensuring smells and bacteria don’t build up inside.
- The shoe compartment will fit up to size 13 shoes.
- There is also another large compartment separate to these to store clean clothes.
- Ballistic nylon exterior
- High-quality zippers and plastic hardware to protect your electrical items
- Ventilated shoe compartment
- Laptop compartment
- It’s a bit on the pricey side which is why although we love the bag it’s not higher up the list.
In 4th place, we have the Adidas Team Issue Duffel Bag. This is your traditional sport duffel style gym bag. It has 3 outside zippered pockets including a ventilated pocket for dirty or wet gear and a separate shoe compartment.
- Its water-resistant base protects you against wet gym floors or changing rooms.
- The adjustable and removable padded straps, as well as two grip handles, provide comfortable transport of the bag.
- The gym bag comes in 3 sizes with dimensions ranging from 24”x11.5”x12” to 32.5”x13.5”x15” and a weight of about 1.3 lbs.
- This is significantly larger and lighter than some of the other bags which is attributed to its 100% polyester construction.
- Choice of sizes
- Very lightweight
- This is a functional gym bag but it’s very basic and price may seem a bit expensive to some buyers.
- The bold Adidas logo and color scheme may also put some buyers off, especially if you prefer simpler or plainer designs.
- The lack of ventilation may also put some people off if they need to keep dirty clothes and shoes in their bag all day.
In 3rd place, we have chosen the Under Armour Storm Undeniable Backpack Duffle. As the name suggests this is a bag that can be carried as both a backpack and a duffle bag.
- It’s versatility as well as it’s weather-resistant finish make this a perfect on-the-go bag.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable, padded and come with Under Armour’s HeatGear temperature regulation technology to ensure you don’t get too sweaty while wearing it.
- It comes with 2 large vented pockets, and an expandable one for dirty laundry and shoes up to size 14.
- There is also a water-resistant pocket for valuables and another large organization pocket.
- It has a zip shut side pocket for a water bottle keeping the design of the bag sleek and smooth even when carrying a water bottle.
- The dimensions of the bag are 20.9”x 9.8”x9.8” with a total volume and 37.2 L.
- The construction is 100% polyester.
- Backpack or duffel bag option for carrying
- Ventilated shoe compartment
- Technology to prevent sweating while wearing the bag
- Less of a con and more of a style choice, if you really don’t like branding on your gear then the Under Armour logo may put you off.
Our runner up is the Correal Duffel bag. This very stylish bag comes in various colors including red or black.
- The wear-resistant nylon gives it a very smooth look and also makes it extremely lightweight and water-resistant.
- The gym bag comes with an adjustable and removable shoulder strap with an anti-slip pad for comfort.
- The dimensions of the bag are 21”x12”x11” and a total volume of 32 L.
- There is one large main compartment, two front zipper pockets, two side pockets for drinks bottles and one internal security zipper pocket for valuables.
- There is also the all-important shoe pocket.
- The simple design of this bag means it is appropriate for workplaces and will look sleek worn out and about.
- Anti slip shoulder strap for comfort while wearing
- Internal security zipper for valuables
- For the price, it’s hard to complain, but some may find that the shiny looking monotone color of the bag is not quite suited to them, but again more of a style choice some may find puts them off another fantastic bag.
This backpack is incredibly stylish, it’s durable wipe-clean fabric is water-repellent and comes in lots of great colors. Its simple design makes it a perfect bag for anyone not wanting to look too sporty or have brands and logos all over their bag.
- The design includes comfortable shoulder straps, a compartment for a laptop, internal pockets, and side pockets for drinks bottles and small items.
- It also importantly has 3 separate compartments separate from the main compartment which can be used to store dirty clothes and your shoe.
- Between the main compartment and the 3 smaller compartments, there is also a large pouch that is adjustable in size and can be used for quickly putting away something like a bike helmet or jacket.
- The dimensions of this bag are 18.9”x11.5”x9” with a total volume of 30 L, making it the perfect size, big enough to fit all your gear in without being unsightly or uncomfortable.
- Wipe clean and water repellent fabric
- Choice of colors
- Laptop compartment
- Additional pouch for jacket or bike helmet
- Pretty expensive bag, but the build quality you get with this bag along with an uncompromised style and ergonomic layout make it our favorite.
We hope this list has shed some light on some of the fantastic products out there that can help you with your fitness journey. And if you enjoyed reading this check out some of our other reviews!
- Copper Knee Brace Review – Is it Actually Worth Buying?
- Got Wide Feet? These are the Best Crossfit Training Shoes for You
- This is the Best Gym Towel that I’d Recommend
- Best Compression Shirts for Lifting Weights
- Doing Squats? These are the Best Knee Sleeves on the Market
- The Best Workout Gloves Money Can Buy
- The Best Elbow Compression Sleeve on the Market
I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org