Trying to hit those specific muscles can be tough if you don’t have access to a versatile workout bench available. And for a lot of people, finding storage can be an issue.
If you are just starting off trying to build your home gym or you are looking to add to it, we are going to see if the Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Bench is the right product for your needs.
It is a new adjustable weight bench released by Bowflex that can change to one of six positions, providing multiple angles for workout variation.
Here are some quick specifications:
- Its different adjustable angles include incline, flat, and decline of 30 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees, and 90 degrees.
- It is built with heavy-duty commercial quality steel and has a load capacity of 480 lbs.
- It retails around $200 online and is manufactured by Nautilus, Inc.
- It comes with stabilizing levers, a leg extension/curl attachment, and transport wheels.
- Its dimensions are 142.2 x 66 x 50.8 cm.
- Height: 9 inches.
- Length: 54 inches.
- Width: 19 inches.
- Weight: 63 lbs.
- The headrest is red and the main part of the bench upholstery is black with the bottom supports being a metallic grey color.
One special feature that it does come with is that the leg curl/extension attachment is removable.
This means that, if you are not using it, you can remove it and have more space to move around, or place your dumbbells and barbells closer to the bench if needed.
- As an all-in-one bench, it can replace the need for an incline bench and a decline bench saving you loads of space.
- It can be adjusted and moved around for easy storage.
- Its style is very sleek and modern. The red makes it stand out.
- Made with commercial quality steel, it is safe and can support the wear and tear of constant use.
- It’s affordable at $200
- Its versatility is more than a lot of workout benches out there allowing you to hit multiple muscles in multiple positions.
- It can adjust easily and quickly to multiple positions.
- The upholstery and parts are covered under warranty for 1 year and the frame and welds are covered for 30 years.
- It comes in one unit but the bolts have to be tightened after unpacking. It comes with an Allen key, but if you hate using tools or are not confident with them you might have a hard time.
- It can be cumbersome or heavy to carry alone.
- The upholstery is not real leather.
- It is not intended for commercial use.
BowFlex 5.1 - What Do People Think of It?
On Amazon, it has a 4.4 out of 5 ratings.
The majority of complaints cite the wobbliness or poor quality according to their standards, However, you do have to keep in mind that for $200 people’s expectations can sometimes be a little high.
The rest of the good reviews cite the same wobbliness issue but overall satisfaction with the product. Those people state that what they get for the price is satisfactory.
One person even said that he’s owned the bench for multiple years and it is still in great shape.
A couple of reviews have complained about a gap when the bench is in the flat position or in the decline position which can be uncomfortable.
Also, regarding the adjustments to the bolts, most people have said it was easy and took them around 20 minutes to do. Overall, the majority of reviews are positive.
Made with good quality steel, its ability to adjust to multiple angles can help you hit those hard to target muscles, and help create more space for your home gym or workout space.
Is It Worth It?
I would say it is. If you are just starting to build your home gym or workout space, you understand how expensive a lot of equipment can be.
If you can save money anywhere without having to drop the quality of your equipment, then you are going to be able to add to your gym in other areas.
By having a bench that can be adjusted in six different positions, you are virtually saving the cost of two to three workout benches.
Not to mention, that this bench is easy to stow away if you are tight for space, and the wheels make it easy to move around.
The colors that Bowflex chose are perfect for that person who’s going for the sleek modern look. It is made out of steel so you know that it is sturdy and the quality is decent.
The upholstery and parts are covered under warranty for 1 year and the frame and welds are covered for 30 years. Comparative to other weight benches, the price makes it worth it.
If you are a fitness buff looking to add to your home studio, or just an amateur trying to get in shape for the summer, the Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Bench is just what you need.
With multiple rave reviews, the Bowflex Adjustable 5.1 Bench might be just what you need to take your workouts to the next level.
I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus.