Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 Review
Are you looking to start building your home gym? Do you need to upgrade your current space?
One of the most important pieces of equipment in your at-home gym is without a doubt a workout bench.
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 could be just what your space needs. It is an adjustable workout bench from Rogue Fitness that boasts a quality build and a superior design.
If you are in the market for the best workout bench, then keep reading further to find out if the Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 is the right addition for your gym.
Overview of the Rogue Fitness Bench 2.0
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 is a new adjustable bench released by Rogue Fitness as an upgrade to the original model.
The redesigned bench features six different incline positions ranging from a flat bench to 85 degrees.
The seat comes with two adjustment settings. It is made from 2×3″ 11-gauge laser-cut steel. It comes with rubber feet on the base to reduce slippage and protect your floors.
In addition, it is built with a handle and a set of wheels to make it easier to move around.
According to the Rogue Fitness website, the bench retails for around $550 not including shipping, and ships out within 10-14 business days.
The measurements are as follows: pad height: 17,5″, 56.25″ at 85 degrees, pad width: 11.25″, pad length: 52″ (overall). The bench weighs 128lbs.
If desired, Rogue offers an optional spotter deck as an addition to the bench for around $100 not including shipping.
The only special feature is the spotter deck addition, but it comes at an additional cost to the consumer.
The option is built-in so if you would like to purchase the spotter deck later you can, but keep in mind shipping costs for ordering it separately.
- Made from laser-cut steel and the frame is bolted together making the bench sturdy and strong.
- The seat pad is made with a high-quality material that keeps your body tight to the bench when performing movements.
- Has six different incline positions to hit your specific target muscles.
- The seat has two adjustment settings to increase the range of motion for exercises.
- Unlike many benches on the market, there is virtually no gap between the seat and the back pad. This increases comfort when performing multiple movements.
- It comes with wheels and a pull handle making it easy to move around.
- Built with an option to add a spotter deck if so desired.
- Commercial/competition quality.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- They say it comes with easy portability, but it weighs 128lbs which might make moving it from space to space difficult if you need to carry it.
- The seat could use more adjustment range as it seems like there is not much difference between flat and angled up.
- Very expensive for the average at-home gym enthusiast. At $550 it is one of the more expensive benches on the market, and the price does not include shipping. Due to the weight of the bench expect the shipping costs to be high.
What Do People Say About It?
Well, based on the company’s website the reviews are generally positive.
Out of 83 reviews, it has a 4.8 out of 5 ratings. The number one positive that people are saying about this workout bench is that it is heavy and built like a tank.
The sturdiness and how solid it feels seems to be the best part of the product. The number one issue that people cite is the lack of adjustable positions for the seat.
However, for the price, people expect more. Another complaint is the quality of the wheels on the bench.
They seem to squeak when moving it around, and they don’t match the quality of the rest of the bench.
As for portability, a few people have said that they can carry it without issue.
Shipping costs are also cited as a big issue. Due to the weight of the bench, the shipping costs are high, making the overall price more expensive.
That being said, the majority of people are willing to disregard the price due to the overall quality of the product as a whole.
The Rogue Adjustable Bench 2.0 is a new adjustable weight bench that has been redesigned from their original adjustable bench with laser-cut steel, a bolted frame, and the high-quality seat pad material.
The production and fabrication make it one of the sturdiest benches available on the market.
With the majority of consumer reviews citing awesome quality and feel, this workout bench could be the perfect addition to your at-home gym.
Is It Worth It?
Unfortunately, if you are an average consumer looking to start your fitness journey, I don’t think this is worth it for you.
At $550 not including shipping, this adjustable workout bench is more of an investment than a purchase.
Most people who are just starting can have issues working out consistently. Most of the time you do not require the best quality equipment available.
The majority of these people will not know what workouts they enjoy or are physically capable of until they have had more experience consistently lifting.
Many times, people who spend tons of money on the best equipment available, end up selling it or giving it away because they never use it.
If you are new or haven’t been working out for a long time, perhaps you should look for a workout bench that’s more affordable and offers more adjustability.
You will not feel guilty if you are not able to use it consistently, and you will be able to add more variations to your workout.
If you are a fitness buff who has been consistently lifting for a decent amount of time and are looking to start building or upgrading your compact home gym or workout space, this could be a worth it investment.
The lack of a gap between the seat and the back pad makes the bench vastly different from the other workout benches on the market.
As a flat bench, it is better quality than most out there. The six incline positions are a bonus, and the weight and quality of the bench make it feel competition grade.
If you are looking to increase the quality of your equipment to reach the highest level of gains and personal bests, then I would suggest seriously thinking about the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 Bench for your gym.
If you own a private gym or Crossfit box, and you have the money to spend, this would be a good investment in your business.
We hope this review has helped you with your purchase. If you like this article, check out our other reviews at https://dumbbellsreview.com.
- Best Workout Benches – Our Top 10 Recommendations.
- Cheap Weight Benches – Budget Friendly, But Still High Quality.
- Bowflex 5.1 Bench Review – One of Our Top Recommended Workout Benches.
- Foldable Workout Benches – Easy to Use and Store at Home.
I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus.