Folding exercise bikes are a great alternative for cardiovascular exercise if you are looking for a low impact option.
Not everybody can run or walk on a treadmill, but you can decide how quickly or slowly you want your heart rate to go up using an exercise bike.
At home, space and storage can be an issue, hence a folding exercise bike is a great option for consideration.
Keep reading if you are interested to learn your top options for folding exercise bikes.
Buying Guide: Folding Exercise Bikes
Size and Foldability
Folding bikes come in many sizes, so measure out a space for your folding exercise bike before deciding.
Most exercise bikes fold upwards, and they will be higher but shorter for easy storage.
The weight limit or weight capacity is the maximum weight it can carry.
While most exercise equipment is made of steel, the best folding exercise bike is usually lighter but still robust.
Price and Warranty
The price of the folding exercise bikes is influenced by the number of features.
The better-built exercise bikes will be more expensive than a simple one without extra features such as Bluetooth connection or auxiliary ports.
Resistance Levels: Magnetic vs Mechanical
Most folding bikes are magnetic as they are quieter. But mechanical resistance such as flywheel provides better resistance.
Mechanical resistance bikes are also subject to wear and tear, while magnetic resistance bikes will cost slightly more for less maintenance. (1)
Other features that you might want to consider are Bluetooth connectivity, accessory holders, and comfort.
Some foldable exercise bikes have a backrest, while others have pulse sensors. As they are foldable, most of the handlebars are not adjustable.
Top 5 Options Best Folding Exercise Bikes
Exerpeutic Gold has a weight capacity of 400lb and can fold to almost half its size.
It comes with twenty- one pre-set workout programs on the console plus three goal workout settings: distance, time, and calories burned.
With a 16-level magnetic tension control system, you can increase the difficulty as you become fitter. It is one of the best folding bikes under $500. It weighs 51.6 lbs.
Dimensions: 39″ L x 26.4″ w x 48.4″ H unfolded, 26.4″ L x 24.8″ w x 57.5″ H folded. (2)
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Large pedal with straps
- It has Bluetooth to connect with iOS or tracking via their MyFitQuest4 app
- The console can store up to two user profiles.
- With 3 crank- system, the pedaling is smooth and quiet
- Adjustable seat height
- No cooling fan and backrest.
- The Exerpeutic does not have any speakers for music playing
- It requires electricity to work the computer panels.
- Handlebars are not adjustable.
- Heart rate monitoring
- Leg stabilizers for better stability despite a smaller footprint.
- It comes with a water bottle holder
Warranty: 1 year
- Apartment dwellers who want a quiet machine to workout.
- If you are looking for a long-term exercise bike, the 21 settings will help.
Marcy’s NS-652 foldable exercise bike has a weight capacity of 250lbs. The multi-grip handlebars are not adjustable.
The bike comes with eight manual magnetic resistance with a knob, and a V- belt transmission.
The bike weighs 37 lbs, it will be easy to move around the house. The fitness meter measures Speed, Distance, Time, and Calories burned.
Dimensions: 32L x 18W x 42H inches unfolded, 14L x 18W x 51H folded
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Pedals have safety straps
- Folds small for easy storage
- Does not need an electrical source. The fitness meter requires 2 AAA batteries.
- Little maintenance required.
- Easy assembly
- It can handle weight up to 300 lbs only.
- Does not have pre-set workout programs
- Does not check revolutions per minute or heart rates
- Does not have accessory holders
- No Bluetooth capability
- Not fit for spin bike exercises because it is lightweight.
- Manual magnetic resistance using the knob.
- Functions quietly
- It has 8 resistance levels
Warranty: 2 years limited
If you have a small space for multiple functions, the Marcy NS- 652 can fold to store easily.
The bike is for medium to light users who are not into high-intensity cardio exercise. Best for rehabilitation use.
The XTERRA FB350 has a steel X-frame and a silent belt drive system.
The weight capacity is 225 lbs. There are 8 levels of magnetic resistance controlled via a knob.
The console tracks your speed, distance, time, calories burned, and pulse during exercise.
The XTERRA FB350 has large multi-grip padded handlebars and adjustable seats with a padded backseat. It weighs 42.3 lbs after assembly.
Dimensions: Price: 40.5″ x 21″ x 48″ unfolded; 20.5″ x 21″ x 50.5″ folded.
- FB350 has a backrest for support.
- The seat is adjustable and has handlebars on the side of the seat
- The multi-grip handlebar has a pulse grip that links to the console.
- Does not need an electrical source. The console uses batteries
- It has transport wheels for easy storage
- The weight capacity is 225 lbs.
- The FB350 does not have pre-set workout programs.
- The multi-grip bar is not adjustable
- FB350 has a phone holder
- It has a precision-balanced flywheel to provide a smooth and quiet operation
- Low maintenance
- The console tracks speed, distance, cycling time, calories burned and pulse
Warranty: 1 year for frame, 90 days for parts and brakes.
If you are doing rehabilitation exercise, the backrest provides plenty of lumbar support.
There are two handlebars so you can work out more comfortably.
It is great for beginners because you can track your maximum heart rate while adjusting the difficulty via the tension knob.
The Sunny Health SF-B2721 weighs 38 lbs and has a weight capacity of 300lbs. It has a 10 level magnetic resistance with an adjustable knob.
The XL cushioned seat with extra padding allows for comfort. The pedals are self-levelling with safety straps.
Dimensions: 35” L x 21” W x 50” H unfolded; 12.5” L x 20” W x 57” H unfolded.
- It has 3.3 lbs flywheel
- Has adjustable seat handlebars and incline
- Transportation wheels at the front of the bike for transport.
- The multi-grip handle comes with pulse sensors
- There are 10 levels of resistance
- Easy to assemble
- No pre-set workout programs in the console.
- You cannot set your own workout.
- No pedal straps
- Console tracks speed, distance, time, calories burned and pulse rate
- It has a device and bottle holder
Warranty: 3-year structural frame 180 days other parts and components
A home with multiple users, you can use it as part of a rehabilitation process or for a higher intensity workout.
The backrest is comfortable, and there are 10 levels of difficulty to adjust. The SF-B2721 is versatile enough to meet the needs of many members.
The ProGear 225 weighs around 35 lbs and has a weight capacity of 220lbs. It comes with a dual transmission flywheel to provide a higher resistance.
The contoured seat is adjustable. There are 8 levels of resistance using magnetic tension.
Dimensions: 32” L x 17.5” W x 46” H unfolded; 19” L X 17.5” W X 53” H
The folded dimensions are 19 (L) x 17.5 (W) x 53 (H), and with a total weight of about 35 pounds, it is also a fairly light machine that is really easy to move around.
- Smooth and quiet pedaling
- Does not require an electric source
- Higher resistance workout using the dual flywheel
- The multi-grip handle has pulse sensors
- The bike has adjustable leg stabilizers and transport wheels for easy moving
- Weight capacity of 220 lbs limits users
- The seat is not comfortable for lengthy cycling sessions
- It has a phone holder
- Uses V- belt drive for smooth operation
- The console tracks calories burned, distance, time, speed, and pulse rate.
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
Apartment users with slight stature. The ProGear 225 is silent and is lightweight.
Unfolded, it is still small enough to fit in most spaces. With the dual flywheel, it is suitable for beginners to medium level workouts.
A folding exercise bike is a great addition to your home gym because they provide good quality cardio exercise with a fraction of space.
You can have a great workout session using any of the brands above, as they operate quietly and smoothly in any home.
Which Is The Best Folding Exercise Bike?
The Exerpeutic 575 XLS Bluetooth Smart Technology Folding Bike is the best folding exercise bike for any home gym.
The 16 levels of difficulty will ensure that you will not tire of cycling, and the pre-set programs helpful if you are just starting out.
If you like this article, check out our other exercise bike reviews.
- Best Exercise Bike to Lose Weight
- The Best Exercise Bike Under $300
- Rogue Echo Bike Review – Does it Live Up to the Hype?