When you think of updating your workout gear, the first thing that comes to mind is your gym clothes or lifting shoes. But the right gym bag can make your gym experience better, and it might be worth investing in one.
Finding the right duffel bag, backpack or tote can make a huge difference in giving you that extra motivation to give your all during your next workout session. You want something spacious but also with versatile functionality. Perhaps a separate shoe compartment or an adjustable shoulder strap are on your list of must-haves.
Ideally, you will be able to use this bag for the gym, storage for a hike, baby diapers, or even groceries. There are many great gym bags for women in many different colors that can help make your gym experience that much more special.
We have organized a list of some of the best gym bags for women so you can find the one that works for you.
Need a bag with a shoe compartment? Check out the top 5 bags with shoe compartments.
1. Adidas Graphic Duffel Bag
- Lifetime warranty.
- Large graphic screen print.
- 2 ways to carry: over your shoulder, or across your body.
- Adjustable shoulder strap.
The Adidas Graphic Duffel bag is an incredibly versatile bag for the gym. There is ample space in the main compartment for your shoes, towel, extra clothes, and toiletries for after your gym session.
There are also a couple of other compartments where you can keep your phone, keys, and nail clippers. You can carry this women’s gym bag with either the double handles or the adjustable shoulder strap. This sports bag is available in various colors, including orange, pink, pale grey, and the trademark Adidas black and white.
2. Lululemon Adventurer Backpack
- This backpack was designed for a quick work-to-workout transition with a built-in pocket for sweaty gear.
- Fabric is durable, water repellant and easy to wipe clean. Reinforced strap construction carries a heavy load when you're on the go all day.
- Expandable pocket for your sweaty gear. A quick access phone pocket helps keep you connected.
- Exterior padded pocket fits a 15" laptap. Another interior pocket keeps your water bottle in place on the go.
- Measures 17" x 11" x 7+ inches. 100% Nylon. 100% Polyester lining.
If you have a busy day where you need to go straight to work from the gym, then you are going to need a bag that is versatile for office or school as well. The Adventurer backpack is a multi-purpose backpack that will keep your gym gear and work material safe throughout the day.
The Adventurer backpack is also equipped with a big, expanded pocket area where you can keep your smelly gym attire, a padded outer pocket for your laptop and paperwork, and an easy-to-access pocket for your phone. This women’s gym bag also come with durable straps and a grab handle that can hold a lot of weight without putting too much pressure on your back.
Most reviewers loved this model and claimed the bag’s multi-pocketed setup provided great organizational space for the whole day and was an ideal fit for longer hiking or camping trips.
3. Elite Sports Boxing Duffel Bag
- CONVENIENTLY STORAGE – The Warrior gym duffel bag for boxing, MMA, BJJ gear is big enough to keep gym gear, equipment, and other accessories...
- MESH VENTILATION POCKET – Our boxing gym bag has a mesh pocket allowing ventilation drying damp gear preventing bag and other items from absorbing...
- TAKES HAYMAKERS WITH EASE – Our MMA gym backpack duffel is made of heavy-duty Cordura fabric which is known for its strength, durability, and...
- FOR ALL OCCASIONS – Our sport duffel bags have shoulder straps transform BJJ gear bag into a backpack making it suitable for every occasion....
- DEDICATED POCKETS – The duffel gym bag acts as carryon luggage with vast array of pockets making this athletic bag perfect for keeping your...
This bag is perfect for boxers and is excellent for the increasing number of women joining the sport. If you are someone who boxes every week, then the Elite’s Sports duffel bag will be a perfect fit for you. It has an incredibly spacious interior pocket and can fit MMA gloves, shin guards, mouthguards, gym shorts, and other fitness attire and gym gear.
Some of the bag’s compartments even have waterproofing with a mesh lining to provide some much-needed breathability for your sweaty boxing shirts. This bag also comes with a two-strap set up, making it very easy to carry back home from the gym.
Lastly, it comes with many pockets for any of your other miscellaneous items and essentials.
4. King Kong Backpack 2
- Combines super-tough materials with innovative design. Built specifically for the unique needs of elite fitness training and will suit any active...
- Military Spec Nylon is the toughest material in the game. Highly abrasion resistant and virtually impossible to rip.
- Water-resistant 1000D Nylon with expandable pockets that are perfect for bottles and shakers to keep you hydrated all day long.
- Heavy Duty Steel Buckles and Ultra-Tough #10 YKK Zippers are extremely durable and can handle even the most rugged conditions.
- Dedicated External Shoe Compartment that preserves valuable internal space. Great for a pair of shoes or Meal Bag Insert (sold separately).
These bags are great for highly active women who devote their time and energy to the CrossFit program. The King Kong Backpack 2 has plenty of storage options for your workout gear, food, water, and anything else you may need for your high-intensity training.
The bag has an excellent outside section, perfect for storing your shoes to save room in other sections. As such, there is plenty of room for a change of clothes, a jump rope, lifting belts, or whatever else you bring to your workouts. There are also adjustable pockets for your water bottles and protein shakes.
Most CrossFit buffs were particularly fond of the bag’s spacious interior pocket and waterproof nylon material. They also loved the easy access to some of the bag’s outer pockets.
5. Horizon Dance 4366 Large Black Duffel Bag for Adults
- Large, jet-black dance duffel with a stylish screen print dance design on one side.
- Unique zippered end pocket extends into the bag to keep shoes or other items separate.
- Hand-carry straps with comfort-grip wrap. Adjustable shoulder strap with metal clips for easy-on, easy-off.
- Lots of exterior pockets, no interior pockets. Removable bottom panel inside. 4 small foot studs.
- Large, 19.5" long x 12.5" tall x 11" deep. Material: microfiber.
Even if you are not one for the traditional gym-based workout, you may still need a bag for other exercise activities such as dance or even yoga. Dancing can be a strenuous workout that involves a lot of strength and coordination, which can work up a sweat.
Whether you like ballet, tap, jazz, or hip hop, or yoga, you will need a spacious bag with a roomy interior pocket to carry around your dance attire, shoes, leotard, and yoga mat. Horizon’s new model is incredibly sturdy and has enough room for all your equipment.
These bags also have many outer pockets that help keep your gear organized and keep your clean clothes separate from your smelly workout attire. There is also a nice retractable bottom panel where you can safely store your ballet or dance shoes.
6. Speedo Unisex-Adult Large Teamster Backpack
- Open weave mesh for strength and quick drying
- Classic shaped Speedo mesh bag with new styling and improved materials
- Shoulder straps for backpack carry
These bags are ideal for all those swimmers out there who need a highly versatile bag for all their practice sessions and meets. They are both water and abrasion-resistant and designed to protect your swimming attire and electronics from getting too wet. This backpack also comes with an extra dirtbag that keeps your wet swimming suit sealed off from your drier clothes.
Additionally, this women’s gym bag also has a pull-out chair that you can use to relax after you finish your daily laps. Most swimmers love this backpack for its spacious main compartment area and especially liked that it could fit an extra pair of shoes inside. This bag is also incredibly durable and will serve you well for a long period.
7. Ban.do Work it out Lady of Leisure Gym Bag
- Made from cotton twill with cotton webbing handles
- Flat base panel and side pockets
- Branded gold metal zipper pull
- Country Of Origin : China
This bag is one of the best options for those looking for a fashionable aesthetic without breaking the bank. Ban.do’s new model comes in 8 different colors and adds that perfect touch to your workout gear.
There are also small eyelets where you can thread your earbuds and a spacious area supported by metal hardware and sturdy handles. Most wearers claimed that the bag was spacious without being too big and loved the cute colors and cute taglines written on the outer end of the bag.
Ultimately, what you choose to purchase for your gym bag will depend on your own goals and personal preferences. Whether you go to the gym straight from work or from home will play a role in how much space you need. Also, the type of workout may influence the type of sports bag you want to purchase. Nonetheless, here are some key things you should consider while looking for the best women’s gym bag.
Size: Ideally, you should find a big enough size to fit all your workout gear, a change of clothes, and other miscellaneous items you may need throughout the day. If you are just hitting the gym from home now, you can afford to look at smaller bag options. You may also want to find a gym bag with a spacious main compartment, a separate shoe compartment, and one that can fit all your essentials.
Style: Of course, while we want a bag with outstanding practicality, it is also best to have one that works well with your aesthetic. Duffels are the best for travel and are very spacious, but totes and backpacks are a better aesthetic for work.
Functionality: You should look for a bag with multiple features such as waterproofing, retractable sections, and nice separate areas so you can make sure your smelly clothes are not bunched in together with your cleaner attire and valuables.
Material: It is key to also look for the right material for your gym bag. Most bags should ideally be well-ventilated to avoid stink build-up and water-resistant to avoid too much moisture. As such, your best bet is a bag made from polyester materials. A durable material ensures that the gym bag lasts longer.
Price: Of course, you do not want to break the bank while purchasing your bag. They can be around $30 if you want a budget option and can be as high as $200 if you want to splurge. However, most gym bags for women are about $50-60.
There are many different options for you as you look for the gym bag that fits your needs. However, you should always consider your specific workout, daily route, and personal preferences before choosing the right bag. There are so many great gym bags for women out there, and they will be critical for you to make your gym experience that much better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Still have questions about the best gym bags for women? Read through our brief FAQ below for more valuable information.
What should I pack in my gym bag?
This will depend on the type of activities you plan to do both at the gym and before your workout. If you are going to the gym either before or after work, then your bag should have gym clothes, work clothes, a towel, and a change of shoes. You may also want some toiletries like shampoo, soap, deodorant, or hair styling products to clean yourself up after you workout.
It may also prove prudent to pack some makeup, a toothbrush, and toothpaste if you are going straight to work from the gym and need to clean yourself up. Lastly, you will want to make sure you pack a water bottle to keep yourself hydrated during and after your workout.
How do I choose a gym bag?
It is somewhat difficult to choose a gym bag, but you should try and tailor it to your daily needs. If you are bringing it straight from school or the office, you would need a large bag to fit an extra set of clothes and some toiletries to spruce up.
You may want some extra waterproof sections for your smelly workout clothes so you can keep them separate from your cleaner attire. If you are just bringing your bag from home, though, then a smaller and lighter duffel bag will probably do the trick.
Generally, though, it is best to aim for a sturdy option that is not too susceptible to stink build-up. Lastly, look at the bag’s design to see if its structure is a good fit for you.
Could I use my backpack as a gym bag?
This does depend on the backpack in general, but generally, you can. They may not be as spacious or categorized as a duffel bag but are way more convenient to carry around if you need to walk a long way from your office to the gym.