Disclosure: Dumbbellsreview.com is reader-supported. This means that if you should purchase something through my site, I may earn commissions. Learn more.
If you’re anything like us, then the chances are that you, too, are trying to find new and inventive ways to workout instead of hitting the local gym.
One of our latest obsessions in pursuit of fitness during these quarantine times is jump roping. And anyone who has spent any amount of time interested in jump roping knows Crossrope.
Crossrope jump ropes allow you to get in your workout, inside or outside, without lugging around heavy equipment or being dependent on whether or not the gym is open.
Not to mention, you also get the added benefits of genuinely having fun and feeling like a little kid again while you get fit.
Keep reading our Crossrope Review to know more about what makes Crossrope different and whether or not it’s the right jump rope for you!
TLDR: Crossrope Review
Crossrope is more than just a jump rope. It’s an entire fitness system designed explicitly for powerful workouts you can do anywhere, at any time.
Crossrope released three updated sets for 2020, the Get Lean Set, the Get Strong Set, the Get Fit Set.
Each set comes with Crossrope’s updated 2020 Slim Handles and is available in four different lengths to accommodate users from 4 ft. 9 in. to 6 ft. 9 in.
- Light, ergonomic handles with a patented fast clip connection system for quick and easy rope changes.
- Tangle-free weighted ropes allow you to spend less time finagling with equipment and more time focusing on your workout.
- Every set comes with access to Crossrope Lite, Crossrope’s exclusive app, with new trainer-made workouts added weekly.
- All Crossrope sets come with an Easy 60-Day Return Policy and a Lifetime Handle Warranty.
- Relatively expensive compared to other similar products on the market.
Is It Worth It?
We think so. Crossrope systems come with a heftier price tag than some of its competitors, but with good reason.
Because Crossrope only makes professional-grade jump ropes, they’ve been able to perfect their craft.
So, while you may pay a little bit more upfront for a Crossrope system, your investment more than pays for itself in its longevity and durability.
Get It Cheap Here!
In-Depth Review of the Crossrope
- Crossrope sets come in:
- Small – 8 ft. 0 in. rope length; for users 4 ft. 9 in. to 5 ft. 4 in.
- Medium – 8 ft. 6 in. rope length; for users 5 ft. 4.5 in. to 5 ft. 9 in.
- Large – 9 ft. 0 in. rope length; for users 5 ft. 9.5 in. to 6 ft. 1.5 in.
- X-Large – 9 ft. 6 in. rope length; for users 6 ft. 2 in. to 6 ft. 9 in.
- Slim and Power Handles are updated and improved for 2020 to be shorter, lighter, and more comfortable in-hand
- Crossrope’s patented Fast Clip System makes switching heavier ropes mid-workout a breeze
- Ropes come in a variety of weights including 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, 1 lb, and 2 lbs for maximum versatility
- The jumping rope from Crossrope use exclusive, tangle-free proprietary rope coating
Quality and Durability
Backed by years of innovation and engineering, Crossrope creates deluxe jump ropes for consistent, smooth high-intensity workouts.
Crossrope uses streamlined handles made of braided steel and industrial-grade ball bearings to ensure you get the same experience every session, even with years of extensive use.
Also, their proprietary rope coating lets you jump virtually anywhere while preventing coiling and tangling.
Workouts and Exercises
On its own, jump roping can help to improve your coordination, agility, and balance; that’s why it’s a long-time favorite of boxers for building speed and endurance.
But, did you know that you can also burn between 10 and 15 calories per minute, depending on your skill level?
In fact, some athletes reach a rate of calorie burn similar to that of running from jump roping alone.
Additionally, because the only equipment you need is your rope, you can work out from virtually anywhere without worrying about carrying around loads of heavy equipment.
As far as variety goes, you can mix up your jump rope workout by mixing in high knee jumps, hops, boxer steps, or whatever kind of jumps suits your fitness routine.
- Free access to the Crossrope app with ten workouts and six jump rope challenges when you buy any set
- Ability to upgrade from Crossrope Lite to Crossrope Premium Membership for an additional monthly fee of $9.99 (unlocks Crossrope’s full inventory of over 200 workouts and ten challenges)
- Crossrope’s size guide helps you to find the perfect length for your height
- Multiple weighted jump ropes allow you to perform cardio, HIIT, and full-body workouts
Crossrope provides a lifetime warranty for all interchangeable handles, so you never have to worry about the cost of buying new ones to replace broken parts.
Crossrope’s warranty does not cover the jumping rope themselves. However, they do offer several tips and tricks for maintaining the longevity of your rope, like avoiding using them for prolonged periods in extreme cold.
Who Is It Best For?
As previously discussed, Crossrope provides high-end, professional-quality ropes specifically designed for use by athletes and jump roping enthusiasts.
Because of this, we recommend Crossrope for anyone who currently uses jump ropes as a regular part of their workouts.
Crossrope is also ideal for those who plan to use their jump rope as an integral part of their fitness routine.
If you’re testing the waters of jump roping as a workout, your best option may be to start with a cheaper, lower quality rope.
That way, if you find out that jump roping isn’t for you, you’re not losing out on your investment.
What Do People Say About It?
After using her jump rope from Crossrope for more than four months, Lacy Young, a content creator on YouTube, had this to say,
“I used to only be able to do like one or two jumps before I had to stop… I think the weight definitely makes a difference… Because jumping rope already is like a full-body workout and helps you get lean by burning a lot of calories. But with the extra weight, it just helps you burn more and more calories.”
In another Youtube review, Radcliff Lance adds,
“If you’ve got the money, you want the top of the line, get the Crossropes… One year later, I’m still in love with my Crossropes. I still think that I made the right investment.”
On Amazon, Crossrope has over 2,300 ratings and reviews and an average review of 4.7 out of 5 stars. One verified purchaser who uses the handle, Steven, says,
“I was a bit hesitant, but after buying multiple jump ropes and having them tangle, fray, or just plain break I finally went to the ‘jump’… They work great, the fact that you can detach the handles and interchange between the different weighted ropes is a huge plus, and easily transportable. I absolutely love them and would recommend them to anyone.”
In addition to Steven’s praise, another verified purchaser by the name D. Young says,
“I have owned many brands and types of ropes over the past three years. None of them are even close in comparison to this set. Most systems have only lasted a couple of weeks, let alone a couple of months. This set has lasted me two years… two years of daily abuse… What you are paying for are durability and interchangeability. It works just as well as other high-end jump ropes, but the quality just blows everything else out of the water.” [sic]
Get It Cheap Here!
The Verdict: Should You Get The CrossRope?
Crossrope has more than earned its reputation of professional quality jump ropes through proven quality and lasting durability.
By focusing their brand entirely on creating the best possible jump rope, Crossrope has pioneered unique weighted jump ropes and handles to provide customers with maximum consistency and intense, effective workouts.
Keeping in mind all of the benefits of jump roping, we can confidently say that we recommend Crossrope to anyone who’s serious (or wants to get serious) about jump roping.