Exercising is an important part of our lives to stay fit and easily overcome our day to day tasks.
Full body workout machines such as an elliptical can be a great investment due to how they come under a low budget and provide tremendous health benefits.
Some may argue if an elliptical is worth spending your money on.
However, studies have shown that an elliptical trainer is not only less stressful on your joints but also plays a significant role in weight loss.
There are so many options in the market that finding the right elliptical may be confusing for you.
This is why, to know more about the most recommended budget elliptical machine, continue reading this article.
5 Best Elliptical Under $500
1. Schwinn A40
Starting first on our budget-friendly list, Schwinn A40 is one of the best entry-level elliptical machines you are going to find.
It comes packed with features to allow its users to make their workouts more enjoyable and less stressful.
Schwinn A40 also comes with a tablet holder and a bottle rack. One of its key selling points is that it also has a cooling fan which you do not often see in entry-level machines.
What makes Schwinn A40 truly stand out is its pre-programmed 6 workouts customized from beginner to advanced level to easily get started.
Pros of Schwinn A40
- Great quality at a good price
- Cooling fan to easily engage in extended workouts;
- Lightweight but highly durable.
Cons of Schwinn A40
- The short stride length of only 17 inches;
- Not suitable for users with the above-average build.
- Enables users to manually program workouts;
- Comes with 6 pre-programmed workouts;
- Easy heart-rate monitoring feature.
Exerpeutic 6000 QF recently came out in 2020 and has certainly surpassed its predecessors in terms of features.
It is one of the few elliptical machines under the $500 price range that offers Bluetooth connectivity.
It comes with one year warranty directly from the manufacturers, and also has 24 pre-set workout programs to enjoy a hassle-free workout.
Having a phone and a bottle holder is also a plus point for its users.
The steel frame of this elliptical makes it highly durable and to make things even better, they are coated with corrosion-resistant paint.
If you are looking for an affordable elliptical to meet your exercising needs, then you cannot go wrong with this.
Pros of Exerpeutic 6000 QF
- One year warranty to secure your investment;
- The ideal stride length of 18 inches;
- Small size making it ideal for even a small condo.
Cons of Exerpeutic 6000 QF
- Does not offer incline mode;
- No USB charging ports.
- Stabilizers can be adjusted to offer a more glute/thigh targeted workout;
- Offers 24 pre-set workouts programs;
- Compatible with the MyCloud Fitness app.
3. Proform 250i
If you are short on space in your home then Proform 250i is the perfect choice for you.
Apart from being easy to move around, it can easily adjust in a small space due to its size. It is a great option for beginner and intermediate level users to start their workouts.
Combined with its speed, time, and distance monitoring features and multiple levels of resistance this elliptical trainer without a doubt easily earns its place in our list.
Pros of Proform 250i
- Compact and easy to move around;
- 14 pre-set workout programs making it easy for beginners;
- Comes with a built-in fan to keep you cool.
Cons of Proform 250i
- Not ideal for advanced users as it offers less sturdiness and overall resistance;
- The workout app requires a monthly subscription with a fee.
- Offers Bluetooth and IFit compatibility;
- Built-in speaker to keep users entertained;
- Adjustable foot levelers to control workout intensity.
Sunny Health & Fitness are known for their amazing reputation for providing both quality and affordability when it comes to manufacturing cardio workout machines.
The SF-E3912 also unsurprisingly meets the bar and is one of the best entry-level ellipticals in the market.
Coming with 24 pre-set workouts and 16 resistance levels it is ideal for beginners. Sporting a steel frame, SF-E3912 offers amazing durability and can provide you with a long-term exercising solution.
Pros of SF-E3912
- 16 Magnetic resistance levels;
- Sturdiness to withstand intensive workouts;
- Hassle-free refund policy by the sellers.
Cons of SF-E3912
- The stride length of 14 inches not suitable makes it not suitable taller users;
- USB charging is not available.
- Back-lit display to monitor performance;
- Two handlebars for easy lower body workouts;
- Easy to move with transport wheels.
Last on our list is the Body-Solid Fitness Cross Trainer. This elliptical trainer lives up to its name as it can provide you with a low impact but an intense workout in a compact space.
Offering 8 levels of magnetic resistance, users can easily adjust the intensity of their workouts according to their capacity.
Furthermore, its transport wheels enable you to easily move it around with ease.
At an affordable price point, BFCT proves to be an outstanding choice for anyone who wants to start their fitness journey.
Pros of Body-Solid Cross Trainer
- Compact and easy to move around;
- Easy heart-rate monitoring system;
- More than 5 years of warranty.
Cons of Body-Solid Cross Trainer
- Lacks sturdiness;
- No air cooling system.
- Synchronized arms making for full-body workouts;
- User-friendly LED display;
- Space-efficient design for a small living space.
It is without a doubt that the popularity of an elliptical machine continues to be popular.
If you are looking to get started with a simple, affordable yet effective workout then we hope this list is going to help you find what you are looking for.
If you like this elliptical machine article, then feel free to check out our other reviews to get started with your fitness journey.
PS! Want an alternative? Check out our review of Bowflex’s Max Trainer Machines!