The 7 Best Budget Treadmills
Do you enjoy running or walking but get annoyed when you have to do a rain check because of the bad weather?
It might be best to keep up your running pace through a treadmill! A treadmill gives you the ability to perform running or walking exercises in a controlled indoor environment.
Long lines at the treadmill machines in your gym can tire you out even before running. That’s why we recommend investing in an at-home treadmill.
There are several benefits to having a personal treadmill, particularly in trying to maintain a consistent fitness regime.
But the best part is, with its diverse selections, buying a treadmill doesn’t mean you have to break the bank!
What To Look For In A Cheap Treadmill?
We crafted this guide to help you decide what to buy in a treadmill sale. But before making a decision, you must carefully consider your needs and preferences and not base your search solely on price.
Here are some things you should find when buying your running equipment.
- Budget. You need to consider how much you want to spend on a cardio machine.
- Space. Figure out if you have enough space where you can put your treadmill.
- Surface Area. One of the most important features to focus on is the surface area of the treadmill, especially if you have long strides. The ideal treadmill should have 55″ by 20″ running surface.
- Motor. A treadmill with a powerful motor delivers great performance and lasts longer.
- Design and Structure. The best treadmills should be strong, durable and built to last.
- Warranty. Check out their warranties on your treadmill to know if they can repair or replace any faulty parts. Some have a lifetime warranty, while some only fix defects up to 2-years.
- Other Features. Extra features and technology like USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, social running apps or even personal training features are great bonuses to a treadmill.
With that said, here are our picks for the 7 best treadmills that won’t break the bank!
The Best 7 Budget-Friendly Treadmills
This treadmill is one impressive cardio-based workout equipment.
Cadence G 5.9i is one of the best fitness solutions. With a powerful 2.25 HP motor power, this treadmill gives you a smooth and consistent workout.
The 16” x 50” comfort-enhancing belt makes it perfect for tall and long stride runners. With up to 10mph top speed, you can adjust the speed based on your personal fitness goals.
This quality and cost-effective machine that offers you excellent workout programs without compromising your budget.
Another great feature of this treadmill is its Bluetooth which connects with an online fitness community through the iFit app.
Other features of this treadmill include:
- A display screen
- Comfort cell cushioning which helps to protect your joints
- Weight capacity of 275 lbs
- Inclines in 2 manual positions
- The folding treadmill allows easy storage
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- A strong frame and impressive design.
- It can be folded to save space and store.
- 30-day free iFit membership.
- Ability to synchronize with your health data.
- The belt makes for fairly comfortable running.
At an amazingly affordable price, Serenelife offers a smart, electric motorized treadmill. While it may not be the most versatile equipment, you will be impressed by the performance it provides.
It features a compact and foldable running machine that delivers a smooth workout experience. The motor strength and top speed at 1HP and 6mph provide you a piece of great lightweight workout equipment.
The electric treadmill comes with a Bluetooth connection and a personal training app.
It also features:
- An LCD with touch control buttons
- An incline adjustment with an integrated safety key emergency power-off function to prevent you from falling off the machine.
- Quiet electric motor.
- Inbuilt personal training app.
- Strong and sturdy frame.
- Space-saving design.
- 3-level incline for maximizing workouts
- Offers low power, not suitable for power running
- Compact size doesn’t allow for runners with long strides
This is a simple yet functional treadmill that helps you achieve your personal fitness goals. This equipment has a portable design that comes with built-in rolling wheels for easy movement and storage.
With a digital display and 3 built-in programs, this treadmill will surely give you fun and intense workouts. You can monitor your heart rate, speed, time, calorie counts and also track distances.
Other features of this treadmill include:
- Top speed of 7.5 mph, 48″(L) x 24″(W) x 48″(H) dimension
- Weight Capacity of 250 lbs
- Sturdy frame and functional design
- Simple and portable
- Features pre-set personal training
- The warranty needs to be purchased
- Offers weak power- suitable for a light jogging
- Doesn’t have incline options
Goplus 1100W is a portable and easy-to-use treadmill that brings simplicity to your workout and turns your home into a gym. If you are on a mission to find a smooth and consistent running equipment, this will be your go-to.
It comes with 6mph top speed,12 built-in programs, and a digital LED to monitor your progress.
Its unique features include:
- A heavy-duty, high-quality frame that supports weight over 250lbs
- Simple and foldable design.
- 2-year warranty
- 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee.
- High-quality, strong frame
- Portable and easy to move
- Space-saving due to foldable design
- Low noise
- Low power, suitable for a light jog
- Modest functionality
Merax JK1603E is a convenient at-home workout treadmill with a sleek, foldable, and easy-to-move design.
The motor power is 500w and can run up to a 7.5mph top speed.
As a functional and cost-effective machine with a strong and durable frame, this cardio machine will support your home workout programs and help meet your fitness goals.
If you are on the search to find a simple treadmill that gets the job done, this is a great choice.
Other features include:
- A large LCD to track your distance, time, heart rate and calories burned
- Foldable design makes it easy to move around
- Smooth-running surface
- Simple and durable frame
- Reliable and quiet operation
- Low power and top speed suitable only for light jogging
It has a simple and modest design, but as functional as treadmills can be.
It is certainly doesn’t possess the most powerful motor (with only 600w) or the fastest speed (only bare 6.2 mph top speed).
However, the standout feature of this workout equipment is that it is a compact and affordable functional home workout treadmill.
It boasts a stable and sturdy design equipped with a basic LED display with custom functions like heart rate monitoring and time/distance tracking. It is also foldable and easy to store.
- It is cost-effective
- Offers durability
- Space saver-foldable
- Great for the elderly and light exercise
- Low power
- Not suitable for an intense cardio workout
- Simple functionality
This is a compact, functional, and cost-effective treadmill if you are in the market for a budget-friendly home workout equipment.
It’s firm and durable but doesn’t come with a motor. However, it is slightly inclined and offers good resistance with a dual flywheel.
It also features offers a small LCD screen that gives you information on your workout and helps motivate your home workout.
- Affordable and functional
- It doesn’t consume power
- Space saver
- Modest functionality
- Not suitable for intense cardio workouts
- It can be tedious and tiresome
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9i as our favorite cheap treadmill, and for obvious reasons. It offers great power, great top speed and a variety of features.
However, we know that it is pricier than other treadmills in this range, so take the time to consider your needs before pulling out your wallet.
Now that you know what is available in the market and the features you should be on the lookout for, we hope you were able to find the best budget treadmill that will help you achieve your fitness goals.
I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus.
Get in touch: email@example.com