Affordable Dumbbells - The Top 5 Options
If you are looking for dumbbells for your home gym or your walking exercises, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about the cost.
In this article, we shall be reviewing the top 5 options of the affordable dumbbells that are available for your home gym needs.
You can get these dumbbell sets on Amazon for between $50 to $200.
Dumbbells come in all varieties, shapes, sizes, and weights. Some of the affordable options are adjustable, while some come with racks for easy storage.
All in all, we are sure that the dumbbells that we are reviewing will be suitable for you, and will not only be easy on your pocket but will also last for a long time.
Read on as we review our pick for the top 5 options for inexpensive and cost-effective dumbbells.
Price: from $53
These dumbbell sets feature cast iron plates that are rust proof, and ergonomic chrome handles that give a good grip on the dumbbell.
It has spin-lock collars to secure the cast iron plates in place when iron plates for more weights are added.
The Yes4All weight sets have a 6 weight adjustable range from 40 to 200 pounds and are easy to change weights and store away.
The warranty given is for 30 days if you are dissatisfied with the product, and 1 year on workmanship.
- You will find that the available options for weight ranges are good for every workout regime, and with a 200 pounds’ option, you can go hard on your exercises.
- The cast iron is also very durable, and will probably outlive you.
- The textured chrome handles can be a little too rough if you are a softie, and you may require some gym gloves to get the best out of these dumbbells.
- You will require rubber mats for your gym, as the heavy cast iron plates will ruin your gym floor with extensive usage of these dumbbells.
2. CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbells
The CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbell sets are hexagon-shaped dumbbells designed to rest naturally on your gym floor without rolling over, and also for easier storage.
The heads are rubber coated for more safety and reduced noise in the chance that they fall off.
The weight is composed of superior grade grey iron, with handles made from chrome with contours for an easy grip.
- The hexagonal-shaped weights with rubber coating prevent the dumbbell from rolling and is also good for enhanced safety.
- These dumbbells are good for your gym floor and will prevent damage even without the use of rubber mats.
- This dumbbell is not as flexible as the other options, and you can easily outgrow these.
- Also as you may require all the different weight ranges, storage will be cumbersome and untidy, and you might find your gym looking cluttered.
3. TELK Adjustable Dumbbells, 45, 65, 105 to 200 lbs
The Telk adjustable dumbbells are a set of four cast-iron weights on a chrome barbell rod.
It features a Chrome finished barbell rod, with screw grooves at the end for adjusting weights.
The 1.15” diameter weight plates are made from cast iron, with an enamel coating to prevent rusting.
You will also find that this dumbbell is compact, and can be stored easily. It comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- If you are looking for durability, then this set of dumbbells has a rustproof finish that will be sure to last for ages.
- They are adjustable and are therefore suitable for every work-out level.
- As they are made from100% cast iron they are durable, and you will never have to replace them.
- They are hard on the gym floor and can cause damage after a while. You will, therefore, need to use floor mats.
- The chrome barbell rod can be uncomfortable for some users and may require the use of hand gloves.
4. AmazonBasics Hex Dumbbells
This dumbbell is a hexagonally shaped non-adjustable dumbbell.
Price: $59.99, sold individually
The handles are made from comfortably contoured chrome and are easy to grip.
- The rubber ends of the weights are shock resistant and will, therefore, bounce off the floor, reducing noise and harmful damage.
- The hexagonal shape also helps to ensure they do not roll, enhancing the safety of your gym and also providing ease of storage.
- It’s easily adjustable to your preferred weight levels.
- This dumbbell set is non-adjustable, and you will have to buy a different set every time you wish to step up your weights level.
- With multiple dumbbells, it will result in a cluttered gym area, necessitating the need for a rack, at an additional cost.
5. Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell
It is made from chrome-plated weight plates, with adjustments for between 5 to 25 pounds.
It includes a tray for the dumbbells, for ease of storage. This dumbbell comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- This dumbbell is adjustable, making it best for usage by different people, with different exercise needs.
- The storage tray makes it easy to store the dumbbells and ensures the gym remains nice and tidy.
- The design is stylish and elegant when compared to other dumbbells in the same category.
If you are not a heavy lifter and are looking for something elegant to accessorize your home gym then you should get the Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells.
On the other hand, TELK Adjustable Dumbbells can give you up to 200 pounds in weights, if you are a more ardent fitness person.
The best recommended set to get is the TELK Adjustable Dumbbells.
While you may find that they have a more traditional look and feel, it is packed with adjustments of up to 200 pounds, making it suitable for a wide variety of uses.
Whichever way, from the above list of dumbbells, choosing dumbbell sets should not be difficult. There is a dumbbell for every person’s exercise needs, and to fit every pocket.
These are among the varieties of affordable dumbbells that we have sampled, and we hope that you have been sufficiently enlightened to choose with ease.
I’m a personal trainer based in Denver (Matrix Gym) and a true fitness nerd. If I’m not training clients or working out at my home gym, I’m probably skiing, cycling or hiking with my dog Rufus.